Thursday, September 25, 2014

Music Collective: vol. 14 {#OutkastATLast}

The big day has finally arrived; the Outkast ATLast concert in Atlanta's own Centennial Olympic Park, right back where it all began.  I'm excited to be around old friends, good music, and to be able witness the homecoming of one of the greatest hip-hop duos of all time, largely responsible for the development of hip-hip in the south. And anyone who knows me, knows that no matter how expansive my music collection can be, I will have a special place in my heart for those heavy bass lines and southern drawls that always remind me of a city that will forever be home. 

With a few exceptions, the line-up is pretty phenomenal, so I anticipate a great show. It will be my first time seeing Janelle Monae since she's blown up as a mainstream artist, first time ever seeing Solange and Bun B. perform so, I'm just hype about it all.

imagesource
By the way, if you're an Atlanta blogger, or a blogger here for a weekend road trip, and will be in attendance at the Friday show, hit me up via Twitter and we'll see if we can do a miniature meet-up. (Now that I think about it, I probably should have scheduled this for earlier in the week, but...procrastination.). If you see me, don't be too shy to speak, especially on a day that I'm in an extremely happy-go-lucky and friendly mood.

So without further ado, as an ode to this entire weekend, I present my 2-part #OutkastDay essentials play list (with links to a few): 

The Outkast Discography (pt.I) 

  1. Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik
  2. Slum Beautiful
  3. Prototype
  4. Git Up, Git Out (ft. Goodie Mob)
  5. ATLiens
  6. Spaghetti Junction
  7. Jazzy Belle
  8. Knowing
  9. Elevators (Me & You)
  10. West Savannah
  11. Aquemini
  12. Babylon
  13. Humble Mumble (ft. Erykah Badu)
  14. Da Art of Storytellin'
  15. So Fresh, So Clean
  16. Bowtie (ft. Sleepy Brown & Jazze Pha)
  17. Take Off Your Cool (ft. Norah Jones)
  18. The Way You Move
  19. Ms. Jackson
  20. Morris Brow (ft. Scar & Sleepy Brown)
  21. Shutterbug 

The Affiliations (pt. II): 

  1. Tightrope x Janelle Monae ft. B.o.B. & Lupe Fiasco
  2. Dance or Die x Janelle Monae ft. Saul Williams
  3. Electric Lady x Janelle Monae ft. Solange 
  4. Love in the Parking Lot x Solange
  5. Trillionaire x Bun B. (ft. T-Paine)
  6. Diamonds & Wood x UGK
  7. I Do x Young Jeezy ft. Jay Z & Andre 3000
  8. The Life of Kings x Phonte ft. Evidence & Big K.R.I.T.
  9. Special Education x Goodie Mob (ft. Janelle Monae)
  10. Black Ice (Sky High) x Goodie Mob (ft. Outkast)
  11. Country Boyz x Nappy Roots
  12. Int'l Players Anthem (I Choose You) x UGK (ft. Andre 3000)
brought to you by: ♥ Chymere A.

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Love your playlists! I'll be listening to Outkast all day, in preparation for the show tomorrow. Have fun tonight!

    Janelle
    www.artistically3ngineered.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I can't wait myself I'm going to the Sunday show! Everything I have by them or with featured has been on repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see what you thought of the friday show. I went Saturday and was so jealous of the Friday openers. Outkast is classic!

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig