Sunday, November 16, 2014

City Finds | Sun in my Belly + Beyond

Girl time is so vital to life. It's nice to not only find a friend to who seems to float on the same wavelength as you most days, but to also make efforts to connect and spend time with people I care about. Friday was spent exploring the city with Sheriden, one of my favorite individuals to be around.  I'm so appreciative of the connection we've had since day one and the fact that it's bloomed into a healthy friendship of value and mutual respect. 

The day started with brunch at Sun in My Belly Cafe in Mid-town Atlanta, a first time experience for both of us. With its rustic decor, industrial loft aesthetics, and pleasant customer service, this place stole my heart as soon as we walked in the door. I ordered the Challah french toast with a Brussels sprout slaw side dish and was pleased to know the food was equally amazing. 

After leaving the brunch spot, we began the apartment hunt, which was the sole intent of our outing. Because I'm not sure how much information I'm permitted to share at this point, I'll save the details on that subject matter for later. Working up an appetite once again, we stopped for fast food and continued our adventures in Little 5 Points, perusing the thrift and record stores in the area.  

By the end of the night, we impulsively decided to meet up with one of her friends to catch a late night movie. Beyond the Lights was the movie of choice, which wasn't one that I ever intended on seeing in theaters, however, I'm so glad I did. It was an awesome movie with such a beautiful message, and in retrospect, I definitely think it's a movie worth paying to see.

It was a great start to the weekend and the epitome of an epic day (because life is meant to be epic), full of love, laughter, adventures, and all around good vibes. These are the kind of days I live for. 

SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I live for girl time, especially with youuuu! Love that picture of me and I think you summed up our day perfectly :) Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this place, y'all went on a great day and the food looks too good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sun in my Belly is literally one of those little discoveries I enjoyed exploring when I first went and indeed fall in love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh, just more item to add to the list of reasons i need to visit ATL.
    these eats look so yummy!

    :)
    vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. That place you went to for brunch seems really nice!
    I can't wait to see what your new place looks like :)

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by Chymere A./Sky Box Suite Creative Solutions