Friday, November 7, 2014

November Goals

Image found via tumblr.

The year is almost over and flown by at light speed. 2014 has been so unexpectedly wonderful and although I'm constantly learning to be present enough to take it all in, I can't help but to be excited for the holidays, as well as the upcoming year.

In retrospect, it's been a pretty successful year. I kept my goals coming into this year pretty simple and was able to accomplish so much more, so that's going to be the underlining mission from now on when it comes to goal setting: Keep it simple
  1. Exercise daily and be mindful of my eating habits, even on the weekends. For the most part, I eat pretty descent during the week, but for whatever reason, as soon as the weekend hits, I just stop caring. I'll get better.
  2. Finish the semester strong. It's been challenging, but I have to keep going. It will all pay off one day. Not a debate.
  3. Apply to be apart of the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
  4. Maintain zen. Protect my peace. Stay balanced. These may all seem like 3 separate goals, but I believe they all essentially work together.
  5. Try not to over-think every little thing. Some things are actually designed to happen organically. Allow.
  6. Pick back up on reading. Commit to reading, at least, one book this month and 2 in December.
  7. Make more of an effort to spend time with the people I care about. 
  8. Do something exhilarating to get the adrenaline pumping, like go cart racing or running a full mile to a twerk play list without slowing down the pace. (laughing out loud at "Twerk Play List" terminology)
My goals for this month pretty much align with what I've been doing to stay focused this past year or so. I don't want to make a long list of unfulfilled promises, but I do want to continue to make progress towards the bigger picture. While it's good to be driven, it's also important to take baby steps and celebrate the small victories too, as I emphasized in a previous Self-Love ♡ Sundays post, so we'll see how this goes!

On a scale of 1-10, how has your year been?
What are some of your goals for November??

- ♥ Chymere A. 
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Love #4, #6, &#7! My year has been, hmmm, I'll say a 7. Not perfect, but a lot of positive. I think some of our goals are similar. A business plan, Christmas shopping, and saving for this South Carolina trip are on the horizon. And bookmarking some places to look at :) Heyyyy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #7 is so important and on my list, too, and I've been thinking about it a lot lately. I spent some time with my boyfriend tonight, we went to the river and saw a fireworks show, and walked around downtown and laughed so much. I've been so busy that I had almost forgotten how important it is to just spend time with people you care about.
    My year has been about a 7. I have a lot to be thankful for, but I'm really hoping next year will turn around in some ways. Looks like you are on the right track to stay focused!

    http://adiasinead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you've had a pretty good year so far, Chymere. I'm totally with you on being present. That is what I'm most concerned with these days. I need to work on my health and fitness as well. My trouble isn't even the weekend--it's something about the night hours that make me crave the strangest things! And this never happened before I vowed not to eat anything after 8PM. Lol.

    I wish you the best with everything, love.

    -Dre

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig