Sunday, November 2, 2014

Self-Love ♡ Sundays | Perception.

As we all know from basic physical science that potential is the possibility of a thing, while kinetic is the action and force behind the realization of potential. A brick can potentially shatter a glass mirror, distort and reshape whatever image it holds completely, but not without force or action. A woman can reshape whatever image she holds in her mind, but not without force or action.  

In our lives, we can sense and differentiate between when something is stagnant and when something is moving. Sometimes we see it in literal forms, most times we can't. Even subconsciously, we are able to recognize when something shifts from one state to another. It doesn't matter if we decide to adapt accordingly or if we try with all our might to resist, the change is still happening, because change is inevitable. 

For a long period of time, I felt stuck. I reached this chateau in life and didn't know how to manipulate my environment to how I saw fit.  Now, if I made the decision back then to trust God and be still, I wouldn't wreck my brain trying to control the circumstances, but...I'll get back to that.  The point is, I was stagnant. I couldn't move, I couldn't decide on anything, and because my vision was so clouded with what was happening in my immediate view, I didn't understand my purpose of being there. My mind wasn't in the right place, so everything I did to try to change my situation was null and void, pretty much. So I wallowed and cried and imprisoned myself with indecision.

Then I gave up. In an almost sudden movement, Instead of trying to push and question my placement, I prayed for peace. I surrendered control and learned to hold myself accountable for certain things. I decided that my might alone wasn't strong enough. That's when the shift happened, or at least that's when I noticed shift was happening all along. That's when the universe began to show me things and construct doors that weren't there before. The changes that took place were so beyond anything I could've imagined for myself and that deserted chateau became something else. I was now on a beach, surrounded by beauty and positive energy. It was like magic. Anyone can reshape whatever image she holds in her mind, but not without force or action. 

God stepped in and transformed my mind, open my heart, and made me not only realize the power within me (Exodus 9:16), but also the power of perception (Ecclesiastes 2:14). By the way, I don't mean to preach here, just sharing my story, testimony, whatever you want to call it. To divert to more scientific terminology for all my logical thinkers reading, American sculptor, Horatio Greenough, phrased it best: 
"Whether it be the sweeping eagle in his flight, or the open apple-blossom, the toiling work-horse, the blithe swan, the branching oak, the winding stream at its base, the drifting clouds, over all the coursing sun, form ever follows function, and this is the law. Where function does not change, form does not change...It is the pervading law of all things organic and inorganic, of all things physical and metaphysical, of all things human and all things superhuman, of all true manifestations of the head, of the heart, of the soul, that the life is recognizable in its expression, that form ever follows function. This is the law."
Form follows function is a commonly used phrase in most S.T.E.M. based courses in academia, so I don't know how much more proof is needed to convey just how powerful the unseen (energy, mental capacity, force, etc.) is and for God to bless us with all this power when he created us never fails to amaze me. 

Pearls of the day: I challenge you upon reading this, to relinquish your need to control; to understand that there is a higher force working on your behalf. Nothing is as bad as you perceive it to be. You are there for a reason. You are here, on earth, for a purpose. Even if you believe in the Big Bang theory, just think of how the stars are placed in the sky. You are made in the image of a divine creator and there is nothing more phenomenal than that. 

♡ // Chymere Anais

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. This was just.. wow. I love reading other's stories and recognizing that I am not alone. Many cheers for you learning to relinquish control and let the universe guide you to where you should be. And I wish you all the good that's still to come :)

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig