Saturday, December 20, 2014

Currently.

It's been a while since I've done a life updates kind of post and that's been my intention all year-at least the latter portion of it: to just keep quiet about things that are happening in my life and mindful of who I allow into my personal space. Privacy can get to be a foreign concept for this generation, especially bloggers, however there is definitely an art to being social without crossing any lines. Since the end of the year is here, I'd figure I'd come here and share what I'm currently up to, in a format inspired by Indie Byline.

♥ In Love with: love, life, and the infinite possibilities of both. 

♥ Obsessing over: finding a way out of my parents house. My living situation has been a pretty good experience; honestly, there aren't many things to complain about. It has allowed me the time and ability to save money, recollect my thoughts, and calculate my next steps, and I really appreciate all they've done for me since moving back home, but it's time...time for me to spread my wings and embrace adulthood. 

♥ Working On: getting my life together!!! But seriously, between apartment hunting, making sure tuition is covered for next semester, and planning a pretty epic voyage to the motherland [#Ghana2015], there's very little room to work on anything else right now, but I do try to squeeze as much in as possible. I have a few major projects I'll be picking back up in the coming months and hopefully launching before the end of 2015. Stay tuned!

Favorite Visual:  Growing up in a major U.S. city is always fun, because there are always hidden gems to be found over time. Although the area has gained a lot of popularity over the past few years, Little 5 Points has been one of my favorite spots to hang out in my hometown since high school days. It's filled with art, good vibes, and great memories for me personally, new and old. So as I was doing my normal shopping/perusing there recently, I noticed this graffiti art that read 'Trust your struggle.' As many times as I've been to this particular area, I've never recalled ever seeing it. Such a powerful message that resonated with me deeply and incredible timing as well.

♥ Music [favorite sounds]: Flowers x Nujabes

Anticipating :  celebrating NYE with a relatively new group of friends. I'm all about bringing in the New Year on a positive note and surrounding one's self with good energy, so I'm pretty excited about what we have planned.

Watching:  Honestly, I haven't had time to watch much TV. I'm literally behind on everything. I've heard a lot about a show running on Netflix called Don't Trust the B**** in Apt. B, which I just so happen to think is a pretty ironic title, so maybe I'll get into that some over the holidays.

♥ Reading : Sad to say, I haven't been reading much lately either. However, I do have a few books on my radar, including:
  1. 'Deathless' by: Cathervnne M. Valente
  2. 'Coconut' by: Kopano Matlwa
  3. 'Americanah' by: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

♥ Favorite Words:  Trust Your Struggle. I absolutely believe I saw that in plain view, as bold as day, for a reason.

♥ Thinking about: What am I NOT thinking about is the better question, but I guess what stands out the most is live a happy, healthy, beautiful, worry/stress/drama-free lifestyle full of love, purpose, and creativity. Also thinking about the small, consistent steps I'll need to take in the upcoming year that will, essentially, lead me to where I want to be.

Dreaming Of: how much can happen in a year. I look forward to this new cycle of 365 days, yet remembering to remain as present as possible. Hopefully, there will be more gains than losses, more happy times than sad, more love than hate, etc. in the coming year.  In retrospect, this year has been fairly descent to me. I learned so much about myself and the world around me. Good and bad days have passed and I sense that better days are coming, even better than the best days I've had thus far. Optimistic. 

What is life like for you currently??

♥ //  @ChymereA
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Great post! Can't wait to see your new adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love when you do these Currently posts. I am so happy that your life is coming together for you! Girrrrrrrrrrrl I see you on that NYE tip and I'm anticipating and excited about it as well! Holla! Lol, my favorite part is the part where you highlight the life you wish to lead. Yes girl, let's all be happy, healthy, drama/stress/worry free - as much as life allows anyway lol. Currently, I am watching "Being Mary Jane" yay :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I'm 100% okay with that lol. And no you can un-bookmark the other one (She's So Eclectic), because I don't plan on resurrecting that one ever.

    Oh was it? You must go more. Favorite spots would have to be Mood's Music. If I don't go to any other place, I make sure to make an appearance there. I also like the tattoo shop there if you're into that kinda thing...I think the name of it is Southern Star Tattoo. I've had work done there and the artists there are really dope. Last but not least, I LOVEEEE Sevananda Natural Foods Market. A great way to grocery shop locally and find great foods/products that are just great for overall health and well being.

    Next time you go, let me know, someway, somehow. I can be your tour guide!

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by Chymere A./Sky Box Suite Creative Solutions