Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Do What You Love (A Fresh Perspective)

Contrary to popular belief, there's a lot of wonderful things to be said about this generation and the one to follow-full of hope, innovation, and leadership qualities that erupt from time to time. Granted, there is a select cluster of them who are misguided and have yet to realize their significance in this world, but I am so inspired by the young people who make conscious efforts to take the world by storm, who rise up, knowing that their part in the world we live in is indeed significant.

One of the things I love about the internet and technology in general is just being able to interact with individuals I would not have met otherwise.  Reading the insight a fellow blogger, Dara, shared about what love means to her in regards to her career inspired me to write this post. A line that stood out and took a strong hold to me was scripted in such a thought provoking way, it affirmed my own purpose and brought my focus back to it's rightful place: 
I recently realized that I romanticize my work the same way I do love. I’ve always been the type of girl to chase a fairy tale, the realism of which could be debated. But, that’s the same way I think about my future and career. I yearn to be hopelessly in love with the work I do, for the realization of my purpose to be love at first sight...
It's bizarre to have watched this beautiful, intelligent young Nigerian bloom into quite an exceptional young lady; being able to witness and somehow, feel connected to that growth is empowering, even from a distance. I know her family must be proud, she must be proud, for I am proud, as I always am when it comes to our youth chasing dreams at full speed. Keep chasing, keep thriving, keep growing. The world needs you, so don't give up.

I don't really know that I'll have all time time in the world to live out my dreams. I do, however, know it is my responsibility to make the moments I'm given count for something. I want to wake up every morning with a glow that no one has the power to shake. I am eager to experience that joyous feeling of daily success, simply because I love what I do. Every morning, I anticipate getting ready in a hurry, simply because I am excited to go to "work". I want to come home confident that something I did or contributed to that day will transform society in a positive way.

I want to be in love-enamored, passionate, inhibited love. We're all somewhat conditioned to attaching that kind of love to people, believing that one day, we will meet our star crossed lovers, grow madly in love and live happily ever after. While I am still optimistic about receiving/giving that kind of love to someone one day, I want to focus on feeling that way about my life's work, at least for the time being. 

At this point in my life, I really want to work on getting me together and ultimately doing what I can to design the life of my dreams. Although I'm open to dating and getting to know people, I want to make sure Chymere is happy, complete, and well taken care of before I can allow anyone further into my space. I'll know when it's time, I'll know when I'm ready, but for now, I just want to continue this beautiful journey of self-love with no interruptions or distractions.

I'm not exactly where I want to be, but I'm thankful for how far I've come. It's a great feeling to know that I'm on the right track and can only progress and elevate from here.  


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by Chymere A./Sky Box Suite Creative Solutions