Thursday, January 22, 2015

Music Collective: vol. 22 {A Night With Sza}

Remember back in 2012 when I hinted at a foreshadow that a lady that goes by the name of Sza would blow up eventually? Well, she did...and quite magically, but still extremely underrated in my opinion. This past weekend, I had the wondrous opportunity of seeing her perform live for the very first time at Center Stage ATL, a sold out show that was nothing short of amazing.

Giving us the best of her vintage work, as well as more recent music, some of my favorite songs by her were performed, such as Ice.Moon, URChildsplay, and HiiiJack. After hearing Sobriety and Sweet November live, I've added those to my list of favorites; some songs just taste a million times sweeter unplugged.

It was no surprise that her off the record sound is just as good, if not better, than her studio mastered vocals on record. And the band that accompanied her was equally incredible. Needless to say, I fell in love with Ms. Solana Rowe all over again, as if I didn't love her enough already. Words can't begin to express how it felt to even be in her presence, but I'm so happy to have had the chance to do so.

I was able to capture pretty descent photos from where I sat, but honestly, a majority of my night was spent vibing and getting lost in the music...and I'd do it all over again if I could. The good vibes, the natural high I got from her energy, her incredible vocals filling the intimate space like fairy dust...all I can say is...what a night.

Last but not least, huge thank you to my blogger-boo-turned-best-friend, Ms. Sheriden, for surprising me with tickets for Christmas, knowing how badly I wanted to go to this concert. She's "the real MVP" for that one.

♥ @ChymereA 


+ Music can be found on: See.SZA.Run // S // Z on SpotifyiTunes +







SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Love it! Ahhh, your review took me back to this space and you took some great pics! And no problem, I'm glad we had such a great ass time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyy you went!! When I saw that she was in ATL, I wondered if you were there! This is a fabulous review, you put me right back in the moment. Something special about SZA fans ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was awesome. Great Photos!

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig