Monday, February 2, 2015

Monthly Faves | January/February 2015

It's been quite a while since I've done a monthly favorites segment on my blog, mainly because my favorites were pretty consistent. Since I've made quite a few purchases so far this year, I figured now would be the perfect time to bring the series back and talk about all the things I've been loving this month. 


♥ Beauty: 

  • Tree Hut Shea Moisturizing Body Wash in Coconut Lime: I probably buy way too many body wash products, but I've been loving this one. Typically when I shower, I reach for certain scents for different times of day, gravitating more towards fresh and light in the morning after I wake up and something more calming before bed. This fragrance is pretty versatile and perfect for any time of day. Although this particular product isn't 100% natural, I love that it's sulfate and paraben free and it doesn't leave my skin feeling dry and stretched like a lot of shower gels tend to do. 
  • St. Ives Indulgent Coconut Milk: It's not much to say about this product, other than I love the way it smells. I love mixing it with my Tree Hut to bring out more of the coconut scent.
  • Oklima Hair/Body Butter: Last month, I attended an event in the Atlanta University Center with my mom. They had a lot of different vendors there promoting women's health. One of the goodies I purchased was this body butter from Chic Afrique and have used it religiously ever since. A unique blend of shea butter, cocoa, and mango butter. It not only smells divine, but it also makes my skin feel super smooth and goddess-like. I know pretty soon I'll have to put in another order in for more. 

    ♥ Music: 

    • Albums: Non-Fiction - Ne-yo | Tetsuo and Youth - Lupe Fiasco | B4.Da$$ - Joey Bada$$ | 50 Shades of Grey Soundtrack...no interest whatsoever in the movie or the book, to be clear.
    • Mixtape: Two-9's mix tape B4FRVR that dropped 02.09.15; such a dope project. Check it out and support H E R E!!!

    ♥ Books: 

    • Americanah by Chimimanda Ngozi Adechie: I loved this book so much that I purchased my very own copy {via Amazon.co.uk} to add to my personal collection. It did cost a little more to ship, but I just wanted this one, simply because I like the cover that was manufactured in the UK better. Maybe I'll get around to doing a book review one of these days. 
    • High Hopes: 170 Ways to Lift Your Spirit by: Patrick Lindsay: This beautiful book was gifted to me from my friend and pen pal who lives in the UK. It couldn't have arrived at a more perfect time and I just felt so blessed that she thought enough of me to ship it over to me. 

    ♥ Technology:

    • App(s): #Hashed: We all love social media, but have you ever wished you could choose what shows up on your TL? Well, there's an app for that, where you can set your own personalized aesthetics for Instagram. All you do is sign up {via IG}, create categories, or Hashboards catered to your interest and it even filters what you see based on the people you follow. Cool right?

    ♥ Style:

    • My Sankofa earrings {pictured left} were hand crafted by a kind woman I had the pleasure of meeting there. Sankofa, is a word in the Akan language of Ghana that represents 'to return back and get it', which basically means to reflect on the past in order to build a better future. I think it serves as a tangible reminder of the purpose behind the Ghana trip I'm planning for this year.

    ♥ Miscellaneous:

    • I can't help but to be extremely proud of Janelle Monae for her partnership with Epic Records to launch her record label, Wondaland. Her growth as an artist has been delightful to witness and now she's apart of the young mogul movement. I am super excited about what's in store for all the talent that's about to emerge, 2015 and beyond. Young queens prospering; here for it.
    • The gorgeous Ms. Melody Williams relaunched her site this month, which made me happy because I became newly familiar with her blog as she was beginning her 6 month hiatus, but she's backkkk! 
    • Looking to start a freelance, work from home business?? Find out exactly what your home office should look like on Tech Cocktail
    ♥ @ChymereA

      What have you been loving so far in 2015?

      SHARE:

      2 comments

      1. You use Hashed too? Yay. I think it's such a cool app!! That hair & body butter looks awesome.

        ReplyDelete
      2. Great favorites! 1. I use this mango lotion by treehut, good stuff. I'll have to check out that body wash. 2. AMERICANAH! I love that book. 3. It's so exciting that you're going to Ghana!!!! and 4. I just hopped over to the blog you suggested and it's wonderful!--will be following her.

        ReplyDelete

      © Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
      Blogger Template Created by Chymere A./Sky Box Suite Creative Solutions