Friday, February 20, 2015

Music Collective: vol. 25 {The H A P P Y Mix Tape}

Music plays a colossal role in my life. On so many different occasions, it reflects who I am, what I've been through, and whatever current situation I'm dealing with. If I'm ever feeling down, and run out of prayers to ascend and words to write, turning the music up loud is the one thing that never fails to cheer me up. With losing my dog unexpectedly and "celebrating" death dates of two of my close friends earlier this month, my depression definitely resurfaced. This week, I could feel myself recovering and back in a much more peaceful mind space.

Typically when I experience these moods, I just lay in the dark and allow my music to play on shuffle, but that doesn't always do the trick, because it causes too many mood swings to not know what to expect to play on queue. For this collective, I wanted to browse my personal collection and intentionally curate a play list in honor of bouncing back with a quickness. These are some of my favorite songs to jam to when I'm not feeling up to par.  Some are old classics, some are more recent hits, but all of the songs instantly put me in good spirits every time I hear them and definitely were able to pull me through tough times. This compilation could also work as fitness music to rock out to at while working out.

So if you want to get happy, give this play list a listen and tell me if it brings a little sunshine in your life, even if it's just for a little while:


  1. Breezin' x George Benson
  2. Put Your Records On x Corinne Bailey Rae
  3. Escapade x Janet Jackson
  4. Good Life x Kanye West
  5. P.Y.T. x Michael Jackson
  6. Been There Before x Ghost Beach (Shoot Remix)
  7. Because of You x Ne-yo
  8. Disparate Youth x Santigold
  9. Elevate x St. Lucia
  10. 1990 x Daryn Alexus *
  11. Go Baby x Lupe Fiasco ft. Gemstones
  12. Heart Smile x Jahkoy *
  13. Ain't it Fun x Paramore
  14. She Wants to Move x N.E.R.D.
  15. Let's Groove x Earth, Wind, & Fire
  16. Fly x Nicki Minaj ft. Rihanna
  17. Happy x Pharrell W. 
  18. Running with the Boys x Lights
  19. My Last x Big Sean, Chris Brown
  20. Telegraph Ave. ("Oakland"-Lloyd) x Childish Gambino
  21. Feel x Bombay Bicycle Club
  22. Fancy Footwork x Chromeo
  23. Holding on to You x twenty one pilots
  24. Victory x Janelle Monae
  25. Band Practice II x 9th Wonder ft. Phonte, Median


+ Shameless plug: Many of the songs listed were featured on the Soundtrack to My Life Tag over on my YouTube channel. Be sure to check it out! +
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by Chymere A./Sky Box Suite Creative Solutions