Monday, February 23, 2015

The Dream-Chaser Check-Up: March + 2nd Quarter Goals

Life has been so hectic and overwhelming as of late-and rather than being fueled by the chaos, I made every excuse in the world as to why I lost momentum. However, today is Monday, which means it's a new day, a new opportunity to put it back into gear and re-focus. In my journal, these are the goals I have written down that I would like to accomplish before the end of 2 quarter (June 2015), and I decided to put it on my blog for accountability reasons.
  • Go on a few road trips (April/May/June); try to finalize as many travel plans as possible for #Ghana2k15
  • Register for at least 2 U.S. Masters swimming swim meets happening this year.
    • ...and although this goes without saying, train harder...it's time to level up.
  • Create a new budget plan for this quarter and next
  • Include a reasonable estimated car note and rent in that budget
  • Complete and submit all scholarship applications for next semester
  • Invest in a quality/professional camera
  • Spend more time working on a project that I've been thinking about for quite some time, especially now that I have someone on board who I'm super excited to work with and is equally enthused about it as I am. I've become a stickler about protecting certain dreams/ideals, but, mark my words: more details are coming once we're closer to completion.
    I strongly believe it's important to goal-check every once in a while, just to evaluate where you are on your personal journey. For an ambition-ista like myself, dividing my year into 4 quarters really makes me feel more accomplished throughout the course of the year. It also allows me to see the fruits of my labor, rather than waiting for some grandiose thing to happen at the end of the tunnel. For others, that evaluation may be a little less frequent. Either way, do whatever keeps you focused and motivated. Take advantage of wherever you are on the journey to success; think positive, work smart, use what you have, stay disciplined, and always remember: the only person stopping you from achieving greater is you.


    Hope you guys are having an incredible day! 
    Happy dream-chasing!

    SHARE:

    3 comments

    1. Ambition-istas unite <3 ah, girl. I'm going to have to write a post at the beginning of March basically confessing my failure at my February goals. Looking back, I can see that I was overly ambitious. My excuse was basically: I just didn't feel like it :/ But you're right! Every day is a new day and a new opportunity to get back on the horse. Reading accountability goal posts like this help rejuvinate my desire to work on my own!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Girl, coin that term stat! Ambition-ista is the perfect way to describe women like you (and us) who dream big and try to follow those big dreams with action of some sort. I completely agree with you that accountability and goal check-ins are necessary (because I'm proof of what happens when you don't lol). I'm excited about these swim meets and your project! Maybe you can give me some budget tips. Here's to remaining disciplined in our dream-chasing, heyyyy!

      ReplyDelete
    3. These are some awesome goals to work toward. I've never been a good swimmer, so I look up to people who thrive in the water-- you go girl!! This term "ambition-ista" is amazing and I agree, doing these goal-check in are necessary to make any progress toward what you're trying to achieve. It's really easy for me to make excuses and ignore deadlines I set for myself because they become inconvenient but #babystepstogreatness and making sure I do a check in probably every month would definitely help me stay on track.

      xo!

      ReplyDelete

    © Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
    Blogger Template Created by Chymere A./Sky Box Suite Creative Solutions