Sunday, March 15, 2015

Music Collective: vol. 27 {Classic Man}


Janelle Monae has recently reached a notable milestone in her career as an artist by stepping more behind the scenes and launching her very own record label (Wondaland Arts Society) in collaboration with Epic records. Not only did she elevated herself, as well as the creative individuals around her, she leveled up to mini-mogul at such a young age. I love to see queens prospering, but what I love even more is when someone with such a dynamic platform realizes that there are people who are just as talented, who very well deserve the exposure. People who recognize the greatness in others and genuinely want to see people win.

'Classic Man' is the perfect song to introduce Jidenna and Roman GianArthur to the music scene. It's something to ride out too that doesn't lack substance at all. I absolutely adore this video and everything it stands for; something like the modern renaissance. I love the contrast of vintage and new school elements to shed light on the different portraits of black culture that are largely misrepresented in mainstream media. The song has this really dope and catchy melody/bass line combination, but, lyrically it sends a message that it's cool for young black men to be dapper, educated, and well rounded, which is exactly what society needs.

Great song, amazing video, and I can't wait to see what's next for the creatives of Wondaland.

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I LOVE this song, when I first heard it I was like who is this and who is he signed too, then that's when I heard about Jangle Monae making her label public. She has come a long way and I couldn't be more proud of her, not too many females in the music industry have their own labels and she is doing it well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea Janelle had been up to so much-- starting her own record label and what not. & I've been itching for new music-- this song is great, so thank you for that!!

    Mel // www.MAREVOLI.com

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by Chymere A./Sky Box Suite Creative Solutions