Saturday, March 21, 2015

Music Collective: vol. 28 {Weekend Roadtrip: Hip-Hop Edition}


Sometimes a weekend road trip away from all the stress and demands of the daily hustle is absolutely necessary, especially when it's with someone whose company is more than tolerable. That was the synopsis of this weekend for me. The car ride was one of the best parts; it was the perfect opportunity to give a listen to some of the latest hip-hop compilations I've been meaning to check out. Typically, I like to switch things up for long drives, but apparently the mood was consistent. All I had to do was press play and I'm sure I'll listen to it on the way back to home base.

Creating this mega-list of approximately 5 hours worth of music helped me realize just how proud I am of what has been happening in the hip-hop community lately. When I say lately, I'm referring to the past few years (2013-current), but not limiting it to this year. This is also not to say that any one artist is above criticism from a music/hip-hop head like myself, in the case that you've witness any of my Twitter rants in regards to music. However, only 3 months into the year, so many positive gems have been released already and it's extremely impressive. Needless to say, all of it makes me excited about what this summer sounds like and anxious to hear how the continuation of the year will unfold.

(Press Play) Albums:

The Play List:

  • All Day x Kanye West, Theophilus London, Allan Kingdom, Paul McCartney (5:11)
  • Top Ten x Logic, Big K.R.I.T. * (4:26) <<patiently waiting for song to touch Spotify>>
  • Did It x Two-9 (4:14)
  • New York Raining x Charles Hamilton, Rita Ora (3:35)
  • Favorite x Nicki Minaj, Jeremih (3:03)
  • Heaven's Afternoon x Wale, Meek Mill (4:41)
  • No Regrets x Pusha T, Jeezy, Kevin Cossom (4:48)
+ Listen H E R E +

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Lol this is giving me such "I need to create a roadtrip playlist" feels right now! I love how the sounds you gravitated to were mostly hip hop, heyyyy! I've been meaning to listen to Lupe's album and since it's up there with Kendrick's, I'm feeling that maybe it's time I did. Hip hop has been on lately and there's still more to come. Excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I'm so glad you enjoy these!! Yes No Regrets is that power song that I listen to when I run...definitely makes me feel like I can conquer anything.

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig