Sunday, April 5, 2015

Self-Love ♡ Sundays | Facing Reality

The thing about clarity is, it doesn't always come wrapped in a pretty package nor is it always delivered under the circumstances of "handle with care". Sometimes reality is a hard kick in the abdomen when you're least expecting it. Despite how painful it may be to accept truth, truth in itself is impossible to run away from and that's life. 

Lately, I admit that I was trying my best to run away from the truth, chasing the delusions drawn by my own imagination. While I was busy living in dreamland, the universe was trying to open my eyes and God was busy trying to protect me from the things I couldn't possibly foresee on my own. Choosing to walk in certain situations blind sighted was doing more harm than good. Just as I was avoiding the negative by escaping my own reality, I was also do a good job at avoiding the positive, and closing myself off from all the good that can only happen if I would learn how to fully release/let go of all that isn't aligned with where I am at this point in my life.

There's a valuable lesson to be learned in putting my heart in places it doesn't fit. One major lesson is a confirmation of what I already know, as I've said this many times over the course of the SLS series: what is meant to be, will be and who God has for me is for me. Somehow, I believed the universe needed my assistance, but boy was I wrong! It re-teaches me that everything happens for a reason. More than anything, it shows me how much I've grown, because instead of mulling over what went wrong, I'm peacefully accepting the things I have absolutely no control over. From here on out, I just have to be able to trust all things organic, all things present and real, and to be completely patient with the process of life unfolding as it should. 

Facing reality doesn't change a thing. I am still unapologetic about who I am and who I allow into my life, past and present; only next time around, I'll know the difference between fantasy and reality, because I am more willing to take responsibility for my inability to discern between the two in the first place.

Pearls of Wisdom: Embrace where you are in this moment. Appreciate the people, opportunities, and resources that are available to you right now. Accept truth and don't try to hold on to anything that isn't for you, so that you are able to clear the necessary space for the blessings that are destined to follow inner peace. Things don't always work out as we planned, but certainly, there is always a higher power working on our behalf.  

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. If I could repeat this mantra to myself on a daily, I think it'd alleviate some of the stress and anxiety I hold in my heart: "trust all things organic, all things present and real, and to be completely patient with the process of life unfolding as it should". I love your vulnerability and transparency, especially here. We all go through these lessons and the end of it all is to let go and let God. At least that annoying feeling of shoulda coulda woulda has been chased away lol so there is a silver lining there. Thanks for the pearls beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written piece - words for refocusing and clarifying that definitely some up a lot of my own thoughts. Enjoying the series xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this piece so much. It was just what I needed right now. Sometimes it is so hard to accept the moment for what it is because we constantly go through life comparing ourselves to other people. Acceptance is so essential to survive life. I Thank you for is wonderfully crafted message ^_^.

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig