Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Music Collective: vol. 31 {Rush x Kali Uchis}

I was introduced to Kali Uchis not too long ago by a fellow music head who told me I would like her. Trusting his musical judgement, I gave her album 'Por Vida' a listen and instantly fell in love with the sound; it was like a breath of fresh air. She gave me a little Amy Winehouse, some Lana Del Ray, a taste of Erykah Badu, all mixed into this cool looking hipster songstress.  I don't know much about her as an artist, but I'll be doing research soon, which could consequently mean a full on review for her next project. 

The visuals for Rush are such a free-spirited and fun reminiscent of summertime in the 60's (?) and made me love the song even more. While I was watching the video, I thought it would be fitting to share this it on the blog, especially considering it's almost been a month since the last Music Collective post. Just press play and I hope you enjoy!



Side note: I've been completely swamped with life lately, so my little space on the internet has been a little neglected, but as I'm finding my groove again in a semi-new environment, I'm feeling good about content to come. 
Thank you for being so patient. 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I'm a sucker for songtresses who remind me of Ms. Badu lol, I cannot lie. Kali Uchis is pretty dope! I wasn't gonna listen to her beyond the Tyler record, but this post (and you) have led me somewhere different. Yes to new dope artists!

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig