Thursday, June 4, 2015

Summer 2015: Commitments + Wish List

I will try not to be too chatty in the introduction, because this post is long enough without one. Summer really gives me this desire to create, an kind of energy that only comes around once a year that makes me want to breathe life into all my creative ambitions. Maybe it's because I'm so accustomed to having more time off during the summer season, leaving more space to get my hands dirty, figuratively speaking. Maybe, my birthday on the horizon inspires me. Whatever the case may be, I'm absolutely happy to be present at a time such as this. Because of that mind-state, the majority my goals for the summer and wish list items pretty much revolve around the spirit of care-free creativity.

Summer Commitments:

  • Renew my U.S. Master's Swimming membership
  • Exercise more often; right now I'm good if I do 2 days a week, but I'm pretty sure, with regular swimming schedule, I'll be able dedicate way more time to fitness.
  • Go on a beach road trip!! Currently in the process of planning something for the birthday in July, because this is literally long overdue. My heart is craving the ocean.
  • Improve time management skills: It's so much on my palette right now that I sometimes get overwhelmed by the life I willing signed up for. Time management makes things a little less stress. 
  • Finance a vehicle, because the struggle without one (in these parts) is so real. 
  • Spend more time outdoors-tanning, exploring, and flourishing; that's what summer sun is all about! 
  • Complete the prototype and start the portfolio. This is extremely vague and I do apologize, but the details aren't necessary. However, I'll be sharing more about that in the future. Stay tuned...
  • Create more, as much as possible

Wish List:

♥ Music:

{For the record, let me just say that so many gems have dropped/will drop in 2015. My ears have been so happy and I'm already looking forward to my annual Musical Year in Review on the blog. I could probably write an entire post discussing the current state of hip-hop alone. It's been a fantastic year for music, long story short. Although I do enjoy the benefits of having the tunes I love available on my iPhone, I'm old school in a sense that I still like to buy the hard copy of albums I really like. These are the ones I plan to purchase at some point this summer.} 
  • {April 2015} Urban Flora EP - Alina Baraz
  • {May 2015} At.Long.Last.A$AP - A$AP Rocky
  • {July 2015} Boys, Don't Cry - Frank Ocean
  • {July 2015} Blood - Lianne la Havas

♥ Style:

♥ Art:

    ♥ Technology:

    ♥ Books:

    {I've been finding new books to add to my book collection, as well as some coffee table reads. I read a ton, but very rarely do I buy the book. It's been a goal of mine to build my own library of the literature I find fascinating, to have access to in the case that I want to read again later.}

    SHARE:

    1 comment

    1. My mom owned a big face micky watch when i was growing up, and she loooooved it! Haha. She wore it so much the band fell apart. She probably still has its ashes somewhere deep in her jewelry box. On another note, i would definintely invite you on my bday beach trip next month, if it weren't for the fact that we haven't actually met in person (yet) and that maybe might be a little awkward lol. We'll have to fix this soon so i can send those invites in the future ;)

      Sending all my love your way Xxx

      ReplyDelete

    © Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
    Blogger Template Created by Chymere A./Sky Box Suite Creative Solutions