Thursday, July 23, 2015

Create.

"Just like most things have a science to it, everything has an art to it. Art is everywhere. It’s how we communicate, move, feel, express, etc. Human beings are born with an almost supernatural inner power, I do believe, that gives us this unseen ability to manifest with our thoughts, so in essence, we are constantly in a state of creation. And what is art, other than creativity? It’s really incredible if you think about it, but I won’t go in too deep. Life is art and vise versa."  
-Chymere A.

Having the ability to create is an experience of pure freedom, especially when it's channeled appropriately. It's being able to look at our own experiences and observing what's missing and what areas need improvement in the world around us. Anything creative or innovative stems from a place of need; we naturally create what we don't already have. There's so much space in the world for more people who believed in the power of individual and collective creativity, for the common purpose of fulfilling multiple voids. It's embedded in our divine DNA!

The key to creativity is imagination.  Too often, we think of imagination as child's play; that care-free roller coaster ride through innocence and non-existent things, people, events, etc.  People tend to develop their own set of truths around a myriad of things, such as logic, science, religion, and spirituality, but refuse to give themselves permission to imagine. Because of this, people really see imagination, something that doe not exist, as this taboo concept that should be left behind, or traded rather, for realism.  Imagination carries us places we would never be able to achieve, realistically. 

As a person who strives for happiness in every facet of life, I find myself having to protect my spirit enough so that I never stop dreaming, that I never stop believing that anything I want to come true has the potential to manifest and surpass everything I hoped it could be. For a while, I doubted my own abilities.  I chose to accept the belief fear that the visions held no weight and my future would never actually be my reality.  Then I realized that it doesn't make sense to be capable of envisioning something, yet not be able to bring it to fruition and I don't believe our Creator would ever torture us that way. I want to challenge perceptions and self-inflicted limitations by investing all of my positive energy and owning my own super power to CREATE, rather than running away from the most amazing gift the universe has to offer.
  • Create happiness.
  • Create opportunities.
  • Create the world we wish to dwell in. 
In an interview dating back to May 2014 with Tyece Wilkins, author and a very dear blogger friend of mine, I discussed a new project that launched the prior month. During the conversation where I openly discussing my goals and plans for the project, I made a statement about what I believe art to be. 

The question posed was 'What role does art play in your life?' 

Clear as day, I recall how effortless the response flowed, "Just like most things have a science to it, everything has an art to it. Art is everywhere. It’s how we communicate, move, feel, express, etc. Human beings are born with an almost supernatural inner power, I do believe, that gives us this unseen ability to manifest with our thoughts, so in essence, we are constantly in a state of creation. And what is art, other than creativity? It’s really incredible if you think about it, but I won’t go in too deep. Life is art and vise versa."  

As easy as I could remember what was said, I couldn't remember when I stopped walking in that belief. Certainly, I'd like to accomplish great things in the realm of engineering, but who says I'm obligated to sacrifice one dream for the next? When did I become victim to this idea that designing the life of my dreams was impossible or out of reach?

I realized that I am the total sum of everything I believe to be true about myself; many dimensions, constantly evolving, always authentic.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by Chymere A./Sky Box Suite Creative Solutions