Thursday, September 10, 2015

Currently.

Obsessing Over: This cool little fresh food market called Deep Roots that I found in my area. I love that it's consumer cooperative, which basically means it is owned and operated by consumers of the establishment and provides benefits to the consumer, as well as the local community. Perhaps, one day I'll do a City Finds review on it [takes notes; saves to drafts]; 

♥ In Lust with: Tech goodies have been holding my attention lately-from researching the computer and the camera I want to the recent release of the new iPhone, which means the 7 is right around the corner; I'll wait. 

♥ In Love with: the tribe of people I'm surrounded by, the supportive, dope, inspiring, loving, honest kind, who keep me grounded and make me feel safe in both their presence and absence. 

Working On: Outside of general school work, I'm working on creating more content for the blog and developing a more diverse platform for art lovers and misfits; I'm also working on a few long-term art projects that I will talk more about in the coming months, assuming they'll be closer to completion by the end of the year.

Thinking about: how to execute my creative ideas into a small business venture that is somewhat relative to my major. Having employment that fits in with my school schedule is absolutely a blessing that I don't take for granted, but it's going to take a little more effort on my part to not only sustain myself while I'm in school, but to also be where I want to be financially in the next few years. As I learn more and more about financial security, it's becoming more of a priority to have a profitable side hustle/additional stream of income. 

Anticipating: more than anything, graduation...it's my motivation, no matter how far away it feels in this moment. In more immediate events, however, I'm looking forward to AfroPunk ATL (hoping I'll be able to go) and my college's homecoming a.k.a. #GHOE (Greatest Homecoming On Earth)

Reading: 'Between the World and Me' by: A-Nehisi Coates

Listening to:  Someone New x Banks // This song...gives me chills and puts me in my feelings; a semi-sad story, but such a beautiful composition nonetheless

Happy about:  summer coming to an end to welcome fall, which has absolutely become my favorite season

♥ Favorite Words: "Love is a byproduct of the positives you give in life to people, nature, the universe, etc. Love is the positives of living. So don’t focus on finding love, focus on living your life with love. The rest will come." {via xonecole.com}

Dreaming of: places I would like to travel to-domestic and international- in the future, especially Ghana!! By the way, my trip to Ghana has been pushed back to 2016 and is contingent upon how well I do in school this year, so that's really an incentive for me to stay focused, put in work this school year, and indulge in the outcome.

What are you currently loving?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig