Monday, November 2, 2015

Music Collective: vol 38 {The November Mixtape}

For so many people all over the world, fall presents itself as a sentimental time of year. The holidays light up our streets and neighborhoods, the weather shifts and falls into a sort of solemn kind of beauty, and the leaves are turning beautiful despite the fact that they are actually dying.  It's a new era for some, just another season for others. Fortunately and unfortunately, this time of year tends to bring out the best and the worst in us.  

My mood has certainly shifted with the weather. As much as I love the coming of autumn, nights are spent mostly inside, seeking warmth under the covers on my bed, because it's too cold or too unpredictable to do anything else. It's the best time to unwind from a hectic week by relaxing and binge watching on my favorite shows.  Although it doesn't seem like the most fun activity for a young person to do on a Friday night, lately it's been the perfect peace and exactly what I need. And on nights when my thoughts are racing one million miles per minute, the music becomes my happy place. 

On that note, I've compiled a play list of songs that get me through the night these days/nights to help me sort out my thoughts; most of which I heard for the first time/was reminded of while watching my most recent favorite show, Being Mary Jane. Speaking of music, I really have been slacking in that department, but it's almost too many gems to keep up with this year! Some are sad, some are just mellow, but they all remind me of this time of year when sad things are most welcome and they all relate to the idea or topic of love on some level. Perhaps I'll go into detail about why that is later, but for now, here's the play list:


What have you been listening to lately?

♥ @ChymereA
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by Chymere A./Sky Box Suite Creative Solutions