Saturday, January 30, 2016

First 1/2: To Be Read


It's been a while since I gave myself enough time to sit down and be engulfed by a good book-whether it be a self help that guides me through my manic twenties or a good, old fashioned fiction novel with a captivating story line. There have been a few on my to-be-read list for a while that just fell off my radar due to my busy schedule.

This year, I'm challenging myself to read at least one book per month. Reading has a way of stimulating my imagination and get my creative juices flowing like no other pastime of mine can, so I want to make more time to do that.

Here's a quick list of all the books I'll be diving in that I hope to complete within the first half of 2016:
  1. 'Between the World and Me' by: A-Nehisi Coates
  2. 'After Claude' by: Iris Owens
  3. 'In the Country We Love' by: Diane Guerrero
  4. 'Signal to Noise' by: Silivia Moreno-Garcia
  5. 'Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear' by: Elizabeth Gilbert
  6. 'A Tale for the Time Being' by: Ruth Ozeki
Any good book suggestions for me to check out, please leave in the comment section below!

♥ Chymere A.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I still have two books that I bought long ago to read: Americana & Go Set a Watchman that I've wanted to read. Heard lots of good things about Americana. Life gets in the way but I love reading & really need to make time to read. Good luck with your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my closest friends was telling me about big magic. And it's making it's way around the blogger circuit. Have you started it yet? Thoughts??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really starting to feel guilty about the lack books I completed last year and the fact that I've only read a few chapters this year of a book I started last year. I know I need to do better and I will.

    I've heard good things about Between the World and Me as well as Big Magic. Another book that I'd love to read is Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes.

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig