Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Sweet Sixteen

{image source.}
Happy Belated New Year, Misfits and Dreamers!!!

New beginnings really do excite me. I love the feeling of possibilities and fresh hope. Perhaps, it's a good thing I don't really know what to expect in 2016. I haven't quite figured out exactly what I would like to do/accomplish this year on a personal level, but God willing, I'll have the time and opportunity to figure it out. All I do know is that I want this year to be significantly more beautiful and epic than it's ever been. I want to keep walking with a quiet subconscious telling me that great things are definitely in store.

One thing I am certain of is that I would like to cultivate my corner of this world wide web. My journey as a blogger hasn't necessarily been ideal, but I want to continue to watch it grow into its full potential. In so many ways, my blog speaks for who I am, the things I'm passionate about, and the person I'm becoming, but I can admit that haven't been as diligent as I probably could be about maintaining this space. As cliche as it sounds, I truly believe the key to quality content is living fully. Substance is manifested when I choose to do things that make me happy and surround myself with individuals doing the same thing in their own life. It's also about being authentic, so that the content has a chance to flow organically and naturally.

Now that we are well settled into a new year, here are some of goals that I'm sure will enable me to be a more consistent blogger this year and in years to follow. 
  1. Make room for my creativity to thrive. We're all guilty of the 'I'm too busy' excuse when it comes to doing the things we love. Even if we've landed our dream career, love isn't always enough to cover bills and other responsibilities we may have. However, it's my intention to be more proactive when it comes to making time for things like my creativity, because they're important to me.
  2. Invest in new technology that will enable me more productive. A new [professional] camera as well as a new laptop are long over due and it would be a smart decision financially to finally make that kind of investment. Although my iPhone has been a great camera for beautiful photos, it's still very limiting in context.
  3. Network with other bloggers and creatives. It can be a little intimidating to work with other people, but it can also be a great opportunity for great minds to merge and make magic happen. 
  4. Travel more. Although travel may seem like a more personal goal, it can also double as a blog goal. Taking advantage of all the adventures that await us exposes us opens our eyes/minds to things we can only learn through experience. Exploring this beautiful and abundant world we live in not only cultures us, but it makes for great content as well. Without going into specific details, I have been fortunate in a way that will make travel much more convenient than it has been in the past and I look forward to making the most of that opportunity in 2016.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I have some of these same goals so I can understand your struggle and the effort that can be required. Nevertheless, I'm wishing you well and hope that you achieve all that you plan to achieve this year.

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig