Monday, May 2, 2016

Day 2 | As Cruel as School Children x Gym Class Heroes

Artist: Gym Class Heroes
Album: As Cruel As School Children (2006)
Music has always been my saving grace (next to my understanding of God, of course) and Gym Class Heroes is one of the bands that pulled me through the tortures and perils of adolescence. Although I loved the first two albums, their third studio album, As Cruel as School Children, really stood out to me. Pulling this gem from all the dust that has piled over it, I realize how long it's been since I last listened to it and how easily I am still able to press play from beginning to end. Now when I listen to it all the way through, it gives me the nostalgia of my small worries back then, such as such as my crush not placing me in his Top 8 on Myspace or the pressures of being picked on as a standout among my peers. 
This album couldn't have come out at a better time, as it was a huge transitional period for me. I was not only about to soon leave my hometown to head off to college and spreading my wings of independence for the very first time, but I was also moving to a totally different state from where I grew up. It was literally my very first taste of  stepping out of a very familiar comfort zone. I just remember this album being perfect for that portion of my journey. 
Stand-out tracks: Shoot Down the Stars, Cupid's Chokehold, and The Queen and I

Phenomenal, yet underrated on so many different levels, As Cruel as School Children it seems to be surprisingly relevant a decade later; I still remember the lyrics to every song. This is one of those albums that will forever be a part of my life story. 
@ChymereA
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig