Saturday, May 21, 2016

Day 21 | Dangerous Woman x Ariana Grande


Artist: Ariana Grande
Album: Dangerous Woman (2016)

Ms. Grande has been consistently winning our hearts for quite a few years now. Before she gained mainstream attention, she was posting covers via YouTube. It wasn't until 2012, when I heard her cover of 'Emotions' by Mariah Carey, who just so happens to be one of my all time favorite musicians, that I became an immediate fan. Her good girl image accompanied with a powerful, angelic voice and incredible vocal range make it hard to deny or ignore her talent. 

Dangerous Woman was released a few days ago and I was pleasantly surprised. Even with a title as alluring as "Dangerous Woman", the content on this record still manages to have an innocent touch overall, but she's has earned her right to loosen up, be sexy from time to time, yet still keep it tasteful. I find it rather endearing that this album still plays on the safe side, but I don't think it's her style to dive too deep into sexuality, which I respect. She's nothing like what society expects a former Disney star to be and that's another thing that I've always really liked about her.

On all her projects, she tends to collaborate very well with other artist, even the ones with a completely different sound. For instance, never in a million years would I expect a Lil' Wayne verse to work on 'Let Me Love You', but that song is actually one of my favorite tracks from this album. Leave Me Lonely, as well as 'Side to Side' , were also tracks where the artist's spot on the song was cohesive. My opinion on the song 'Everyday' is a bit bias, because I don't too much like Future, but it's still a decent song. All in all, the collaborations made the album.

  • Favorite tracks: 'Sometimes', 'Let Me Love You' ft. Lil Wayne, 'Dangerous Woman'

Dangerous Woman is an album I can tolerate to listen to on repeat. Although I can appreciate her direction as an artist, I still feel like she may be holding back, like there's a few soulful layers we haven't seen yet. If that's the case, she definitely has a bright future ahead of her. One thing I've learned in regards to longevity in the music industry is that it's never good to give too much too soon, and being that she so young, I'm convinced there's more in store for her audience.  
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig