Saturday, August 20, 2016

08.14.16 | Thoughts of the Moment

Greetings, misfits and dreamers! 

Lately, I've been so inspired; maybe it's the Olympics or maybe it's a spiritual force. Either way, I'm thankful that I'm starting to feel a little more at ease and relaxed. I haven't been deep in my thoughts/feelings, which I can only assume is a good thing with the way my mind is set up. Life can be tricky and messy and overwhelming, so having peace of mind is valuable. 

School started mid-week last week, moved into my new apartment Monday, and life has been pretty hectic just trying to get things together. Excited/anxious, yet ready, to start a new school year. I believe in myself (most days, at least) and I'm blessed to have a strong support system of people who believe in me as well. And I've realized what a blessing it is for people you love to believe in your success and pray for your well-being, constantly and consistently. 

Although there is so much happening right now, I really need to get back to blogging and articles for HBCU Buzz, really take advantage of the inspiration that's taking place inside me, because there's opportunity in that. That's something I'll have to make time for soon. Patience takes effort and hard work produces results. 

Another thing I definitely need to get back into is swimming. Sometimes I follow through with training, sometimes I don't, but in lieu of wanting consistency in my life, it's something I feel like I have to commit to. Again, maybe it's the Olympics, because I'm pretty sure I come to this conclusion every 4 years, obviously, but there is something sup special about #Rio2016...BLACK GIRL MAGIC EVERYWHERE! Men and women of color are really taking over in multiple sporting events and with everything going on in the world, specifically in regards to race issues, it's been such a breath of fresh air to witness the many ways in which we excel. Aside from that, I just miss being in the water, competing against my best times, and doing something that makes me happier than anything else in the world. I miss that part of me and it's really depressing that I've let that part of me go. Working on it. 

On another very random note, every now and then I catch myself wanting to be in a [healthy, long-term, committed] relationship, experience love, and all that jazz, but I know that means letting go of the past and loving myself completely first. I trust that God has something/someone really special waiting for me to be ready and for the right moment for our paths to cross. Although I don't necessarily think we're ever 100% ready for anything, I trust God's perfect timing; I have to be patient. In the meantime, I know it's imperative for me to focus on myself and accomplishing my goals. 

That pretty much summarizes what I've been up to and where my mind has been wandering off to lately. There are days when I'm not as hopeful, nor optimistic, about the route my life is taking, but I'm thankful for each day I'm given the chance to turn things around for the better. In the words of Simone Manuel, "When God got you, you can't lose." I'm locking that in and saving for those days where I'm not feeling so confident. I certainly do not apologize if it was too long, but I appreciate anyone who took the time to read all of what was within me to express. Needless to say, I'm back to blogging more consistently and I have a good feeling about what I'm about to do/create/experience with all this inspiration I'm holding on to! Possibility meets opportunity, indeed. 

To everyone starting a new semester, new career/career path, or anything new happening in your life, big and small, never settle and good luck in everything you wish to accomplish by the end of this year! Be absolutely victorious in every stage of life you find yourself in. 

♥ @ChymereA

QOTD: "Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it; boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." —Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig