Friday, October 14, 2016

Music Collective: vol. 51 {#BlackGirlMagic, the Play List}

Listen to #BlackGirlMagic, the Play List on Spotify + Apple Music
If you've been keeping up with my life or this blog at all, you may have noticed that I've been focusing more on personal happiness. What better way to channel that focus than through the wonderful gift of music? So I've decided to compile #BlackGirlMagic, the Play List, which is-essentially-the soundtrack of my life currently.

I will say that Solange's recent release of A Seat at the Table, a beautiful record that so many of black women have found comfort/inspiration in, couldn't have dropped at a more perfect time. On a few different occasions, I've curated play list of songs that make me happy; the difference this time is these songs not only make me happy when I hear them, but also make me so damn proud to occupy the skin I'm in, much like how I felt the first time I heard the album. 

If you are a black girl who believes in the magic you possess within you, this compilation is designed for you (and the men who love us). Also, please understand that a celebration of self is-by no means-an expression of hatred towards someone who identifies with a different diaspora.

If you notice there are some of your favorite tunes missing, feel free to leave them in the comment section and/or Tweet me and I'll be sure to add them to the list!


  1. I'm Still Fly - Chrisette Michele
  2. Put Your Records on - Corinne Bailey Rae
  3. The Light - Common 
  4. Feelin' Good - Nina Simone
  5. Black Gold - Esperanza Spalding 
  6. Third Eye - Big K.R.I.T.
  7. Poetic Justice - Kendrick Lamar ft. Drake
  8. I'm the Best - Nicki Minaj
  9. Treat Me Like Fire - Lion Babe
  10. Electric Lady - Janelle Monáe ft. Solange
  11. Golden - Jill Scott
  12. Rise Up - Andra Day
  13. Gust of Wind - Pharrell Williams
  14. Slum Beautiful - OutKast
  15. Don't Touch my Hair - Solange
  16. Brown Sugar - D'Angelo 
  17. * Freedom - Beyoncé ft Kendrick Lamar
  18. Masterpiece Jazmine Sullivan
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig