Monday, January 2, 2017

chptr xvii


For many people I've spoken to, they've agreed that 2 0 1 6 was either a roller coaster, a nightmare, or somewhere in between, to the point where those who actually had a decent year were scoffed for being so damn positive about how their year went. Guilty. Some of us were attached to all the chaos happening in the world, while others struggled with things on a more personal level, and I was probably a combination of both. To be fair, a lot of it was the mere consequence of our actions. However, here we all are, blessed to welcome a brand new calendar year, alive, breathing, and healthy (I hope). All is well in the universe. 

Even with a fresh new start, to say I magically woke up in a good place mentally, spiritually, financially, etc. would be lying. Although I'm hopeful that this year will be better than the one that came before it, I know there is still plenty of work to be done. I think the biggest takeaway I have from the past year is just breathing and allowing the moment to be what it is-because I've had to remind myself to just breathe quite often-and I plan to continue to remind myself as many times as necessary to do just that. 

The only goal I really have for this upcoming year is to take everything one step at a time; to break the bigger vision I have for my life into tiny bite sized pieces for easier digestion, which is where Things to Do This Month comes into play. In previous years, I'd dive in head first into all these grandiose ideas and overly ambitious plans. Sometimes things worked out, most times they didn't; and when they did, it was probably pure luck, serendipity, the grace of God, whatever you want to call it. It's not to say that I don't still have big dreams or that not willing to put in the work in order to be successful, I just really want to take the necessary time in getting grounded + staying silently focused on the life I wish to create.


Here are a few post I wrote this year that set the tone for creating a more positive experience for myself in xvii:
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by Chymere A./Sky Box Suite Creative Solutions