Tuesday, January 17, 2017

#TheSkyBoxSuite

From participation basketball and swimming to watching and learning about sports growing up from the men in my family, sports have always played a huge in my world. Sports taught me valuable lessons that are applicable to so many different areas of life and helped to mold my perspective on success and achievement...and the dedication it requires to get there. What I love the most about sports itself is how it has the ability to bring together random things in a really unorthodox way, which is what I hope to achieve through sports writing.

Just like sports, music has always played a major role in my life; one of those subjects I can talk/write about endlessly and never get tired of it. The style element was implemented later to add more personality and versatility. Without even realizing it, I created a niche outside of personal blogging that could very well translate into something I'm a little bit more serious about pursuing and profiting from. 

For years, I've had this idea to re-launch the sports blog that was started a few years ago, but I was hesitant for a few limiting reasons; afraid that I wouldn't be good enough, or well-versed enough to deliver sports news flawlessly and consistently, or wasn't educated enough to be a legit journalist, and the list goes on. For so long, it felt impossible, therefore it was.
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact; it's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration; it's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.
-Muhammad Ali (Rest in Power)


It's been pretty obvious that there are just certain things I miss about blogging that I'd like to hold on to, one being the ability to get up, close, and personal with people I've never met without fear of being judge. I've been a little overwhelmed with what blogging has become, but I didn't want to just quit. Over the past few months or so, I've been quietly working on developing a blog with a narrowed down niche that would, essentially combine my love for sports and music. Now it's finally here and I'm excited about releasing the project to the world. This is my second attempt, so I'm still really nervous, but it is my intention to be consistent and give it the time it needs to flourish.

As far as this ever evolving blog goes, it was starting to feel a little claustrophobic and all over the place, so instead of diving deeper into the wide range of topics I write about here, I created a new space where I could be more structured while the personal side of branding has an opportunity to shine on this blog. 

If you're into the sports, sports culture, music, and style from the perspective of a sports savvy diva, feel free to head over to

If that's not exactly your cup of tea, no worries, I'll still be posting here every now and then, blogging just for the fun of it. However, a lot of my focus will be directed there, as it requires most of my free time and attention. 

Follow me on Twitter: | ♡ @ChymereA
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by Chymere A./Sky Box Suite Creative Solutions