Thursday, February 16, 2017

Consistency is K-I-N-G.

The main lesson I am constantly learning about is the art of consistency. It's one of those redudant lessons that repeats itself over and over again, primarily because I have yet to apply that knowledge to real life situations. A lot of the time, I'll find myself going in circles, just because I have yet to truly grasp what it is I'm supposed to be learning. That's what mistakes are designed to do; to teach you, and if you never learn, the cycles will continue until you do.

Although it makes me move at turtle speed when it comes to actually accomplishing certain things, I think I'm finally starting to catch on, finally starting to see how inconsistency confuses things, how it negatively affects the choices I make, and what kind of image it creates around my reputation. The only aspect innately positive about being inconsistent is the hope that it teaches you how to be more consistent, which-over time-has personally enabled me to get laser focused on the right things without getting distracted by nonsense and choosing to only dedicate myself, energy, and time to what propels me forward.

For instance, it does me no good to keep up with the process of constantly giving up and, in turn, constantly starting over. Consistently doing things that don't add value to my human experience is moving backwards and certainly not helping me accomplish anything. I've had to learn this the hard way, but now I know; better late than never.

This journey is all about trusting the process and I'm beginning to consider just how much forcing anything contradicts that law. If I'm forcing something to happen, especially when it comes to things that aren't properly aligned with my belief system nor my destiny, it interrupts the natural order of the universe. It's not to say that I should expect things to happen without any effort involved, but I presume that most of us understand very well and can sense when something isn't exactly flowing the way it's supposed to. 

Making small, consistent efforts towards something-whether it's cultivating an idea, building a relationship with someone, or whatever-will accomplish way more than force ever will. There is no need to rushing either, because as we become a part of the flow, we start to question why we didn't put more trust in the journey in the first place. We begin to better understand why certain things had to happen. Most importantly, we make room for things to manifest in such an organic way, that when things finally do fall into place, it feels right and noble and authentic, at least for me it does.

One thing I believe I've mastered, as it relates to doing what needs to be done to activate my dreams, is being able to move in silence; eventually, the work will speak for itself. There's a science behind being social without broadcasting my every move, even for someone who is active on most social media platforms.

Also note that people are always going to think/feel what they want about you. Why? Because, "Perception is 9/10 of the law." People are going to pry, speculate, discuss amongst themselves, offer unsolicited advice, whether you explain yourself or not, so it's really no point in dishing out intimate details, unless you feel inclined in your spirit to do so. I've gotten to a point where nothing I do is for validation, so whether a person decides to ignore me or watch me from the sidelines, it's a waste of time for me to entertain any of it. Regardless, I'm still confidently walking in my purpose, listening to what God has called me to do, and marching to the beat of my own drum.

That's where I am right now; silently and consistently working, not forcing anything, just constantly keeping my goals at the forefront of my mind and being mindful of where I am without neglecting to take small steps daily towards where I want to be.

Follow me on Twitter: | ♡ @ChymereA
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by Chymere A./Sky Box Suite Creative Solutions