Sunday, February 5, 2017

05. everyday madness (realistic morning routine)


so, I'm really starting to dig this conversational approach I'm starting to take when it comes to the personality aspect of branding. who knew it took so much vulnerability to just be naturally casual and at ease? 
anyway, I was tagged by Disa to do this morning routines post a while ago. the post itself has been sitting in my drafts since then and today's prompt was everyday madness, figured it would go up today.  now that I'm beginning to settle thrive happily in a new and less chaotic morning routine and I seem to be much happier these days, I think it's perfect timing.

Work day: 

As the title suggest, I'm not a boss yet, but I'm working to get there, I don't have the luxury of creating my own schedule (yet). Lately, I've been waking up earlier, going to bed later, barely sleeping at all to be honest...or maybe, reserving sleep for the weekends. Either way, it works for me, because it gives me just enough time to "lounge" in the mornings and a window to work on other things (i.e. my blogs) after I get off.  Some days I can run on fumes and be okay; other days not so much. 
  • circa 5:45 a.m. first alarm goes off. Actually it sounds more like a high-pitched, yet serene awakening and I'm not sure if that was intentional in the new iOS update or what, but I enjoy it. 
  • Normally, I'd toggle between Gmail and other apps, then scroll through my varying social/news feeds for a good 45 minutes before getting out of bed. pretty then, I'll be replacing this with swim practice, but until then...
  • make my bed. brew a pot of coffee. cup of coffee #1 
  • 6:00 am Most days I'll grab a quick breakfast, like a green smoothie or toast, even though it's supposed to be the biggest meal of the day (if I'm not mistaken).
  • Now it's like...6:30 a.m. press play on whatever play list or album I'm listening to at the moment. Shower (10-15 min). Hygiene (5-8 min). Hair (a quick wash-&-go). 
  • grab pre-packed gym back and cup of coffee #2 [to-go]
  • 7:15 am Head to work. Sit in traffic. Jam session in my car. 
  • 8 am work day begins. 
  • If I'm able to, I'll get some studying and homework done at work.
  • 4:30 pm work day ends. 
  • More traffic. More time to listen to music to derail attention from road rage. 
  • I've been good about maintaining a consistent workout routine, so I head to the gym. I do a 10 min stretch followed by a 2-3 mi. jog/run and I'm out. If I don't go to the gym, I'll work out from home with the help of my favorite fitness apps. Next month, I'll be starting my two-a-day workouts for swimming.
  • Make it my business to be home by 5:45 PM so I can watch #TheSix, new fave sports talk show on SportsCenter. bra off...finally. lounge wear on. Find a cozy spot on the couch, work on fresh content for my blog and/or do some creative work while the TV is on, depending on what day it is. Multitasking at its finest.
{Oh yea...I moved back in with the parentals for a little while. 
By 2018, all the madness will make sense, believe me.}
  • Like I said, I stay up all night pretty much. On a good day, I'll wind down by 11:30 pm with bengal spice tea, mellow music, and my iphone...maybe a book, and fall asleep by 12:15 am.
  • Repeat.

Off day:

  • Oh the possibilities!!! No alarms. No to-do list, unless I'm running errands. No set attire. No schedules. To go on an adventure or do absolutely do nothing all day is my biggest conudrum. I know...I probably should do better at maximizing my productivity on the weekends, considering the amount of projects I'm working on right now, but...I'll get there, ideally.
  • circa 9:00 am, wake up. lay in bed + listen to music. browse through magazines. catch up on sports news. write in my journal. read. lounge a little, careful too not lounge too long, because I am the queen of staying in bed all day if i can. 
  • At this rate, I'll probably skip the gym if I've been proactive about going during the week. If I skipped a day this week, I'll go once I wake up. 
  • cup of coffee. 
  • by 11:00 am, I'm awake awake. turn the music louder. make bed. shower. hygiene. hair. 
  • Depending on my mood, I'll whip up an on-the-go smoothie 
  • 11:15 am dressed and out the door
  • Being realistic, I'm probably back home before the sun sets, because I just don't find much fulfillment in the night life anymore. 
  • 6 pm home. bra off. lounge wear on. Glass of wine? perhaps. If I'm feeling lavish I'll throw on a face mask, try a new recipe (my pinterest board is full of them), and mayyyybe start on a new Netflix series.
  • ...or I'll fall asleep by 10pm and wonder why I can't seem to do this on the days I need to...
Follow me on Twitter + IG: | ♡ @ChymereA
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. LOVE IT. My favorite part of the day is when the bra comes off. Honestly, sometimes I take it off in the car before I even pull up to the house. I could write a whole thinkpiece on why women shouldn't have to wear bras according to social standards lol.

    So glad you posted this! <3

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by Chymere A./Sky Box Suite Creative Solutions