Monday, May 1, 2017

14 Things to Do This Month | May 2017


This spring/summer, I really want to lock in on all the things I'm passionate about, whether it's consistently creating quality content for the blogs or training and getting back to the sports I love (swimming + basketball). None of this is to be in competition with anyone other than myself and to not be too afraid or too limited to challenge myself and push boundaries.
  1. Back in the gym. Back in the pool. Back on the court. Back to good healthy eating habits. It's time to stop putting off the very things that keep me alive and level up in that department.
  2. Do a juice cleanse or some sort of detox this week + go back to a vegetarian lifestyle. What seems to be my pattern is that I can easily commit to vegetarianism most of the year, but every once in a while I crave chicken. When I do eat meat, I only eat chicken. That seems to be more reasonable for my lifestyle. 
  3. Focus more on what can be done, rather than stress over things I cannot control. 
  4. Find and list brands that I'd be interesting in collaborating with in the future and work on pitching articles to some of my favorite online publications that accept submissions.
  5. A girls' trip to the beach is a MUST! If not this month, make concrete plans for a much needed beach getaway in the near future. 
  6. Attend the annual Atlanta Jazz Festival (Memorial Day weekend)
  7. Treat myself to 1 of 2 things I've been wanting for a while: new ink or a new fragrance. Black Opium by Yves Saint Laurent as well as Coco Noir by Chanel have both been on my radar, so I'm thinking one this month and one for my birthday in July...hmm...
  8. Explore local events to key in on the calendars and commit to attending.
  9. Sign up for a few free courses offered at MIT to prepare for the upcoming semester.
  10. Touch up on different skills like coding and relearning Adobe suite
  11. Figure out my next move and execute. This includes some major/minor professional changes, as well as personal ones, making my mind up about where I want to root myself for the next year or so, etc.
  12. Create a budget for personal and business expenses, sort out finances + prepare to restore my credit and be absolutely debt free
  13. Buy a physical copy of Kendrick Lamar's latest album, DAMN.
  14. #CreativeBossBae is a new series I introduced to the blog last week that is a guide that sort of helps young women like myself who are interested in starting businesses, especially in the creative field. My goal is to not only follow my own advice throughout, but to attract a different kind of audience and provide helpful resources to individuals who need it. It's also the gateway to something I'll be developing in the future. 
Follow me on Twitter: | ♡ @ChymereA
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by Chymere A./Sky Box Suite Creative Solutions